linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Monday, July 15, 2013

A beautiful place to be.

 
Green linen Skirt // Kellie Falconer Design
green top, floral blouse // thrifted
garden flats //  Crocs

It's been another greased lightning week... from doctoring a neighbor's horse after pulling 3/4 of an inch of cold steel (in the form of a horseshoe) out of it's back leg to the friday night Contra dance (which was scathingly brilliant) to organizing an online blogging event which is soon to be revealed.  Helped  conquer daisies with my bestie*.  And I spent countless peaceful hours in the garden and greenhouse watering with the effervescent company of P.G. Wodehouse and my own ponderings.  

Countless hours also logged in the wall tent, pouring over my notes and planners, brainstorming, and yes, worrying a little.
But perhaps the worry and fear are a necessary part of the picture - without them, there is nothing to overcome.  And that's when we get to see God work in our lives the most.

I've even been seriously considering applying for a job in town - but every time I visualize that, as exciting and interesting as it sounds, I have a sinking feeling of heartbreak.  I absolutely love what I'm trying to do here, and the thought of not being free to create it is unfathomable.  
Without fathom.  
I keep wondering if it's just fear of change, doing something unfamiliar, but I don't think it is.  I'm not afraid of that.  I just have this fire burning in me that won't be quenched, a dream that I passionately want to see come true.  I want to create something that people, ordinary people like you and I, can use and enjoy and benefit from around the world.  Something that has echoes of the world I live in and the love I've woven into each seam.  That's what my skirts are about.

I feel like there will never be a better opportunity for this dream than right now, no matter how high the walls may seem.  
Everything I need is right here.  

In fact, it's a beautiful place to be.

linking with:

10 comments:

  1. Excited to hear more about the blogging event you're organizing! I wish I had more free time to do things that I actually want to do. Which brings me to the second point: do whatever makes you happy! Don't feel obligated to do something just because other people do it. At the same time if you feel like trying to do something it might be a good idea to try it and see how it works out. You can always decide it's not for you and leave, but then at least you wouldn't be asking yourself "What if...?" all the time. I hope I can explain what I mean... :-) And I have the same desire to do something important and useful and I feel like I can be so much more than I am.. and I get caught up in people's expectations too often. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..." Geese appear high over us, pass, and the sky closes. Abandon, as in love, or sleep, holds them to their way, clear, in the ancient faith: what we need is here. And we pray, not for new earth or heaven, but to be quiet in heart, and in eye clear. What we need is here."

    Wendell Berry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful, serene photos. Thank you for sharing this lovely post with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love that picture of you holding the daisy.....where the daisy is on focus and you are blurry in the background.

    Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep following the Lord and He'll give you peace on what to do. Don't give up just because that path is different than what the majority of the world is doing. Your dream sounds like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photography...the silhouette photo is my favorite, I think. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. Creative endeavors are the best. They feed the spirit and it doesn't feel so much like work.
    Beautiful thoughts in your post, also. It does seem like you get to see God work when it requires a little faith. It's interesting to me how He reveals the next step AFTER we take the first one. I keep seeing that played out in my life as I've been trying to decide which endeavors of mine to keep, which need to go and what new things I need to try.
    Enjoyed your blog. I will be following.
    Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com
    P.S. Love Wodehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, lovely. I'll be praying for you about jobs - I'm actually considering the same thing, seeing as my blog design business isn't full-time. :/

    Beautiful outfit and beautiful photos!
    Hugs,
    -B.H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are absolutely beautiful, and so is the post itself.(:
    Also...I just started reading Wodehouse last night, and I am loving his writing.(:

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are so beautiful, Kellie! And your writing is so lovely and inspiring!
    I just started following along (I'm so thrilled I found you because I love your blog!)... and I tagged you in my latest post! I hope you have a chance to check it out :)
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful indeed, what lovely photos! Inspiring writing too, you have quite a talent for it!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...