linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Outfit | Posie Coat


So much is happening.  It's such a wonderful, overwhelming, exuberantly amazing thing to be alive.  To watch the seasons glide by then change into something new - and sometimes surprising and challenging - is a wonderful thing.

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and dreaming big this Spring - and it's scary.  It's liberating.  It's forcing me more and more to walk by faith and step out into the unknown.

I'm planning to take the wall tent and turn in into the Wall Tent Studio of my dreams - now that I have a living space set up in the bus, I can use every square foot under the canvas to create a full production office and studio.  We're going to start making beautiful clothes in a big way, and I am so excited about it all that I can hardly sit still!
I've been absolutely blown away by the response to the last few posts here - how can I tell you all how much your encouragement and support means to me?  I feel so incredibly blessed.


I want to give all of my readers an exclusive preview/heads up that Saturday morning begins the Kellie Falconer Design Spring Liquidation sale, so you can pick out your favorite thing ahead of time and nab it at the sale before it's gone for good.  We're going to clean out the shop and make it ready for the next phase with some pretty awesome deals.
Excited?  I sure am!
Also, Friday or Saturday all custom order listings will be taken down, so if you've been thinking of getting yourself something there, now is the time to make your move.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

The snow in these pictures has long melted away, but I'm excited to finally share pictures of my embroidered Pea coat!  I purchased this adorable black wool coat from ModCloth two years ago during the early Spring sale for a song, and after ripping open the seams, stitching on some quaint and cheerful posies, then sewing it all closed again, it's been my favorite coat ever after.  The retro/mod print lining is icing on the cake.  Way too fun!  If I could, I would do nothing all winter but hand embroider bright blooms onto wool coats for everyone in the world.

Because you can't have too many coat posies.

Hand embroidered Pea coat | ModCloth
Denim a line skirt | Kellie Falconer Design
Grey Tee | Thrifted
Thistle Necklace | Etsy
Boots | Sorelia Earhart
Scarf | fabric remnant

7 comments:

  1. Love the embroidery! So excited for whatever surprises you've got planned next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidered Pea Coat is so lovely. Posies to brighten a long cold winter is the perfect antidote to cabin fever. I am quite excited to see the renovation and opening of the beloved Wall Tent Studio with fresh new ideas for your shop! Small Business Saturday is so perfect to launch a sale as there are lots of beautiful items to grab up. Those adorable headbands with posies are perfect for tying together Spring and summer for the cutest Easter outfit or Spring gathering. Not to mention those huge totes for carrying essentials out for the first swim or picnic in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment on my fashion blog, Simple Modest Fashion! :)

    I have been following your blog for some time now, just never comment. haha

    Keep up the beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, very beautiful! The embroidery + the yellow make me think of scandinavian look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job, m'dear! The embroidery adds a nice feminine touch without being frilly or excessive.
    Thanks for sharing these inspiring photos!

    *Looks over at blue wool coat* Hmmm.... ;-)

    God bless,
    ~"Tom"~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do
    it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks

    Feel free to visit my web page: ecommerce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coat is so lovely, I like the design on it, it gives it a nice lady like look. And I love your boots!

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...