linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So Thankful.



1. List three (little) things you wouldn't want to live without
Wool socks, ginger tea, my journal

2. Name something you had to do without recently
Butter... fresh out=(  I am so. thankful. for Butter.

3. What are you most thankful for that you consider a luxury?
Probably my computer.  I really don't even want to imagine life without it... but I thank the Lord for it every day!

4. Name an item you use the most throughout your day
My right thumb... I did a scientifical analyses on the subject.

5. What would life be like without the item listed in #4?
Life would be extremely different... and I would definitely give up trying to learn AlbĂ©niz's Asturias. Without a doubt, I am so thankful for that little guy.  (My thumb, that is;)

6. Name something that you use in the kitchen that you are thankful for
Hot water, actually.  I've had to do without that countless times... making me truly thankful for it when it's there!

7. What is (one of ) the best earthly gift(s) you ever received?
The beautiful, wonderful horses I've had in my life, and everything that came with them, from literal tons of hay, the the discovery of hidden reserves of inner strength I didn't know I had.

8. Name a completly random thing you are thankful for
A passionate love of history!  What would life be like if I never studied history... never read about the struggles and plots of fellow humanity gone before, never pondered the futile and fleeting nature of all of man's greatness, never applied those lessons learned to form a greater understanding of my own world.

9. How often do you think about the item listed in #8?
You know, I've never, ever thought of being thankful for that before now?  I'll be thinking about it more in future!

10. Name something you recently acquired, that you have wanted for a long time
Not really an acquirement in the usual sense of the word, but I just gained a new friendship with sweet Chip and her sister a couple of weeks ago at a music festival!  I've been longing to meet Chip ever since we 'discovered' each other during the Historical Costume Inspiration Festival last year.  I'll be sharing more on that in future;)

11. Would you rather have #4, or #7?
At one time, I would probably have said I would give my right thumb to have my own horse, but looking at the question from a more mature angle, I'll have to say #4. =)

12. Name one of your favorite things
Fresh raspberries over homemade vanilla ice cream... sigh.

13. Look around the room you are in, and name three things you enjoy in it
My beautiful white accordion, my jolly black wood stove, and my cuddly golden kitty.

14. List three tools you use in your daily work that you are thankful for
An imagination, Macromedia Fireworks MX, and a hay hook.

15. Name something that you sometimes wish you didn't have in your life, but that you would miss dreadfully if it were taken away
Suffering.
I was actually talking about this with my sister last night, and we were imagining life without any pain or suffering in it.  Where would the growth be?  With a life of complete comfort, where is the need to draw nigh unto God?  Suffering can be a horrible thing, but with the Lord beside us, it can become a thing of true and priceless beauty.  Never let your suffering be a waste.  Give it to God, and see what He can do with it.

16. Post a picture (or ten) of something you are thankful for!


I didn't make any captions for the photos below - rather, I just want to say that I am indescribably thankful for everything these pictures represent.  Every person, every moment.  Every thing.  Every memory.






. . . Horribly much




3 comments:

  1. I love all of your answers:) Especially your thoughts on a world without suffering. Something to think about...

    All of the photos are wonderful=)
    I had more I wanted to include in my post, but the computer was acting up and then I accidentally posted.
    *sigh* Sometimes, I just give-up;)

    I'm so thankful for you, dear.
    Have a wonderful, joyful Thanksgiving!

    Love,
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh butter. I hope to never be without it ;) You gave me a chuckle at the right thumb bit. I never would have thought of that, but I suppose at least for many people it gets quite a lot of use! I know mine does while I'm sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from ftlob. I love the pictures (although I would have liked reading captions for them!).

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...